January 23, 2009

Going Gaga...

... with Chinese New Year which is just around the corner and left only 1 more subject for my exam after CNY. Since we finished our last subject before CNY today, in conjunction to one of my friends’ birthday on Saturday, we decided to head to Sungei Wang’s GreenBox to sing karaoke!
(this outing is kept secret only within 4 people because of certain circumstances. So, I apologise if anyone else who doesn’t acknowledge about it but know it now by seeing this blog post.)

The going-to-be birthday guy, CK drove me and 2 of my other friends to Titiwangsa station to take a ride of the monorail to Sungei Wang (what a good guy he is). It’s definitely a fun outing since we were out of stress from the exam.

As usual, we sang a myriad of Chinese songs while I personally chose 2 English songs, Because Of You and Hot n Cold to sing along with. It was embarrassing when we were singing Because Of You because my talented in singing friend, How belted it better than me, vocally.

For the first time in my life I sang a Chinese song mostly by myself, considering myself as a 'half-banana’. Also, for the first time I sang out loud in karaoke. Previously, I was just too shy to sing out loud because I know I’m not that good in singing. However, now I realized the joy of singing out loud without caring about other things. It’s an expression of your feeling…



Then, in the midst of singing, the employee of GreenBox invited us to a round of game which involve blowing off lighted candle from a distance. CK was one of the participants and he successfully blew off every lighted candle in ten seconds. As a reward, an angpau containing voucher was given to him for his successful attempt.

After the game, we continued our singing session but was interrupted by a ‘Choy San Ye’ or God of Wealth (?) He came into our room and handed us an angpau containing voucher again… Sweat… We then went back to house after 3 hours of singing, screaming & shouting. By the way, CK treated us the karaoke session and the other 3 of us were ashamed because we were the one who was supposed to treat him since his birthday is just 2 days ahead. How can we repay him?

0 Gossips:

Post a Comment

Ad